It is a Beautiful Chinese soup that is easy to make and quite filling. It has a unique taste in itself. This recipe reminds us of China for its authentic taste and flavor.
Carrots, chopped 1 medium, Cabbage, chopped 1 / 4 small, Green peppers, seeded and chopped 1 medium, Tofu, finely chopped 50 grams, Mushrooms, finely chopped 3-4, 2 tbsp oil for frying, Noodles, cooked 1 cup, Green onion, finely chopped 2, Garlic, finely minced garlic 10-12, Ginger, finely chopped 1 / 2 inch piece, Green chillies, chopped 2, 4-5 cups vegetable broth, Salt to taste, White pepper 1 / 2 tsp, Red Chili Sauce 1 / 2 tsp, 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce, Corn flour / cornstarch 3 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon vinegar, Green onions, chopped 1 stalk
Method used for preparing Manchow Vegetable soup:
– Chop all the vegetables and keep aside Heat enough oil in wok and fry the cooked noodles until golden and crisp.
– Heat two table spoons oil in a saucepan.
– Add scallions, garlic, ginger and green chillies. Roast for one minute and add carrots, cabbage, green peppers, tofu, mushrooms, vegetable stock or water. Stir and add salt to a boil and simmer.
– Add white pepper powder, red chilli, dark soy sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes. Blend cornstarch and add a little broth from the soup, stirring continuously.
– Cook until the soup thickens. Add vinegar and green onion. Serve hot garnished with chopped fried noodles
1. Preparation time: 30 minutes
2. Servings: 4 people
3. Cooking time: 15-20 minutes